Friday, January 29, 2010

Camera Ready


A few days ago I booked a last minute photo shoot. So excited but wait, my skin is not at all ready! A few days are needed to recuperate from all the late nights, dehydration and nutrient deficient diet. I had all of 36 hours to make the best of my skin. The camera does not forgive and without a good make up artist you can be plagued by horrendous pictures for the rest of your life. And I'm not even being dramatic. The theme for the shoot was very film noir on acid. This can be a great addition to my portfolio or blackmail material. I pray that I will get photo shopped to death. For the rest of that day I only drank water, ate fruits and swallowed several spoons of olive oil. Gross but it works. Failed to go to bed at a decent hour. Woke up to a massive zit on my chin staring back at me in the mirror, mocking me. Totally my fault. I should be good to my skin all the time. I should always be ready for my close up! I get to the shoot and there is no make up or hair stylist! No panick! I will have to do my best with what I've got: good genes, a maybelline concealer, a tube of Voluminous Mascara from L'oreal and a tube of black lipstick. Creative I will have to be and I was. I pinned all of my hair forward, since it was slightly dirty it had that wavy texture. Next, I applied countless coats of mascara and finally the lips were immaculately painted black. I always pay very close attention to every and any make up artist that has ever touched my face. All in all: I did an amazing job. All hair, lashes and lips! Fab! I don't know how the pics turned out just yet. Promise I will post it as soon as I receive the digitals.
A lesson to be learned: If you're on your best behavior all the time you then don't have to worry about the odd snap of camera phones or hanging out with those friends need to document every second of their life. Yeah, I have a few of those and I always put a little extra on for them. Who wants to be tagged on a photo on facebook not looking their immaculate best?
Girlies always be camera ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment