Sunday, February 28, 2010

Polish Your Wardrobe




There is officially twenty days until spring! Can you believe it? I sure can't. With all the snow benches laying outside it is very hard to believe winter is soon to be over. I am de cluttering everything: wardrobe, books, magazines and of course beauty products. I have the urge to just throw everything away and start fresh and new. Unfortunately for me I have to wait to be in my new place before doing an image revamp. A light weight and inexpensive alternative is to start with nail polish. Never mind that I already own possibly every shade of red. I just think that no look is complete without the perfect manicure and pedicure. Do not think for one second I am not looking at your tootsies. If you're gonna put them on show they better be ready for the spotlight.
So there I was walking around in (you guessed it) Duane Reade in Herald square making a never ending list of polish colors I am dying to purchase. I was being tempted by all, Rimmel London, Sally Hansen, O.P.I and Revlon. Ah, reminds me of my first days of being a product junkie. I gave myself a fresh mani daily and this is all I want to do now, eat cheese all day and apply nail polish. This spring I will aspire to keep my mani and pedi consistently tidy.
It won't be very hard with this list of the most mouth watering colors

The cleverest names are matched with the cleverest colors with:
Hong Kong Collection by O.P.I
- Panda monium Pink
-Red My Fortune Cookie
-Dim Sum Plum

My new favorite color:
Rimmel London Long Lasting Pro in Steel Grey. It is the best combination of grey and with a hint of lavender. Love, love, love! I can't stop staring at my own nails! The brush is wide and fanned to enable a precise application in minimal strokes. I was taken by the beautiful taupe after testing on one finger that I could not stop applying it to all ten. The cashier was gushing and could not believe it was coming from a $3.99 bottle of polish. Chanel makes the same color and it's of course sold out. You may have a hard time finding this color at your drug store.

The list is not over. Brace yourselves for Miss Sally Hansen:
Complete Salon Manicure (5 in one: base and top coat, strengthener, color and self renewing shine!)
- Cafe au lait (one of my favorite skin tone hue)
- Gilty pleasure
- Kook-a-mango (summer toes!)
- Lavender cloud (just like a marshmallow)
- Commander in chic (taupe very close to Rimmel's steel Grey)
- Peachy keen (colour of the moment, will look beautiful with all the khaki and coral color palettes of the spring/summer collections)
-Pat on the black (almost black burgundy that I have been wearing for more than two years)
- All fired up (orangey- red that wants to make me board a plane to the nearest caribbean island)
- Pedal to the metal ( a Beyonce approved silver-chrome)
- Right said red (red corvette of reds)

These are only the colors that stood out to me at first glance. A good start or addition to any Diva's polish wardrobe.

Bisou xxx

Ms Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment