Monday, November 30, 2009

Upgrade Me



Although, I have loved regular pharmacy brand products like L'Oréal, Nivea and Revlon. A time came when I felt the need to venture outside the regular $5.99 jar of moisturizer. Growing up in suburban Canada I cannot say that we lacked product variety. I didn't grow up with Sally Beauty emporiums or these mega huge beauty supply stores where you can find anything from hair extensions to rubbing alcohol. I believe as a French Canadian, I received a far better education in beauty. My local pharmacy was stacked with high end brands like Lancôme and Estée Lauder and a "panoplie" of French super brands like Biotherm, Avène and Renée Garraud.
Initially, my 12 year old self could not affored to purchase a $30 plus tube of cream. I started saving my allowance and any monetary gifts to buy whatever I wanted. I insisted on getting samples and made them last.

By junior high I was saving my lunch money and packing my lunch everyday. Definitely not the cool thing to do. But when you're a crimson lipped 14 year old, such details cannot tarnish ones popularity.
By senior year of high school, I was working for $9.50 per hour and spending nearly every dollar on my beauty obsession. I had a fixation on Clinique lipgloss in Air Kiss, Lancôme mascaras and the just launched Juicy Tubes.
After my initiation there was no turning back. This also reinforced my love for some mass market brands (remember they are often produced by the same company).
What's not to love with a high end brand: the advertising campaigns are  absolutely gorge, the scents, the texture and the packaging. I'm a sucker for great packaging. My products are always on display.
If you're still using generic products then it's time that you upgrade.

Upgrade with anything from Yves Saint-Laurent but you can start with:
                         
                                  1.  YSL Touche Eclat

2.  YSL Mascara Effet Faux Cils
3.  YSL Nail Polish
The gold packaging always makes a statement.




4. Crème De La Mer body Cream
Most people would shell ot for the face cream (which you should) but I decided    that my face can have the leftovers of my body. The best $200 I've ever spent.










5.  Lancôme Mascaras
That's right, they're all great!










6. Guerlain anything.
I mean, the ads speak for themselves.















7. Chanel, Chanel, Chanel !


No comments:

Post a Comment