Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Cleaning


As you know it's spring time! As excited as I want to be, I'm just not ready! I have spent the last several weeks trying to spring clean my life. Cleaning out my beauty and garment closets, moving, finding work that I truly love! Not all so successful... what can you do? Very happy that I completed my beauty challenge: Not buying new products and finishing the ones that I have already started. There are still tubes and jars to squeezed product out of but I am surely on my way to a streamlined and lighter beauty possesions. One day at a time. It is not easy to ignore all the new products, the promotions and the old brands simply repackaged. Contentment (I loathe that word) had to be found with what I currently own to better enjoy what will be purchased tomorrow. So deep! LOL! I guess it's a lesson I can apply to other aspects of my life. It's only normal that I love the beauty industry so much, it changes constantly. It is always new. Every bottle, tube or jar is a promise. A promise to make your hair shiny. A promise to smooth out your wrinkles. A promise to be beautiful!
I can't get enough of the promises. And sometimes they're fulfilled.
This season I want to start fresh. My winter was spent hibernating but now that spring has sprung, I will spend this time blooming into a better and happy me. So cheesy but it must be done. I guess this is a new challenge. Spring clean my material (taxes, debt, clothes), spiritual, physical and emotional life. Whoa! Six days down, sixty six days until this girl blooms into Venus by the summer solstice.

No comments:

Post a Comment